It’s More Fun In The Philippines!
50 Things To Do On Your Vacation
From all walks of life and all parts of the world, people come over to get a taste of what this small archipelagic country on the edge of the Pacific Ocean has to offer.
In line with the government’s desire to throw its doors open to travellers and adventurers, the Department of Tourism launched a new campaign.
They asked Filipinos and foreigners who have been to the country to contribute their own experiences by telling the world why it’s more fun in the Philippines.
While there are some questions as to the originality of the phrase, this has not prevented the viral spread of the campaign. In less than two days, the slogan was trending worldwide on Twitter. Facebook users also joined by uploading wall photos of Philippine sceneries, events and activities with the slogan splashed across the picture.
So what truly makes the Philippines a unique, amazing and special place to see?
Why do people love to come back for more?
Here’s 50 of the fun and quirky things you can do in the country, but the list is much too short to encompass everything that you can experience here. And while you can experience some of the same thrills elsewhere, it’s definitely more fun in the Philippines.
- Pick your own strawberries
- Eat decor off the wall
- Catch whale sharks at play in Donsol
- Dance with the native tribesmen
- Count the Hundred Islands
- Party all night in Boracay
- Take a trip back in time in Vigan
- Eat dinuguan
- Learn the Filipino language
- Visit the churches in Old Manila
- Ride a tricycle and a jeepney
- Surf in Siargao
- Bathe in a volcanic lake
- Shop in Divisoria
- Eat along the esteros
- Participate in the fiestas
- Eat different dishes made with rice
- Trek to the top of Mt. Apo
- Zoom through the longest zip line in Asia
- See Philippine native costumes
- Check out the museums
- Experience solitude in Palawan
- Munch on lechon wrapped in banana leaves
- Get up close and personal with the Kabayan mummies
- Ride a boat into an underground river
- See the sunset at Manila Bay
- Watch the sunrise on top of Mt. Pulag
- Relax in the hot springs of Laguna
- See the vintas in Mindanao
- Wear a bakul (native raincoat) in Batanes
- Wakeboard in Camarines Sur
- Trek to Mt. Pinatubo
- Learn pottery in Ilocos
- Eat balut
- Try sampaguita ice cream
- Smell the durian fruit up close
- Sit on the edge of the tallest building in Cebu
- Watch a cultural performance on the streets
- Buy native handicrafts
- Watch T’boli women weave
- Compare the tarsier to the size of your palm
- Ride a vinta
- Haggle over everything
- Check out the rice terraces
- Shop tax-free in Subic
- Snack on ube and strawberry jam
- Visit the Malacanang of the north
- Ride a banana boat in Puerto Galera
- See the perfect cone of Mayon Volcano
- Befriend the smiling locals
Have you thought of something that isn’t on this list? Leave a comment below this post to show why you think its more fun in the Philippines.